It’s all quiet in the house. You have your Bible, a notebook and your pen in hand. You have a little list of things that you want to pray over. You know what you need to do, but it’s just not quite working today. Ever been there before? I have. Many times.
Do you ever have trouble focusing during your quiet time?
Do you find that you can’t remember all the things you need to be praying for?
Do you have trouble seeing that God is answering your prayers?
Do you feel disorganized in your prayer time?
Do you have trouble remembering God’s word?
Do you feel far away from God?
Are you wanting to overcome perfectionism or another difficult issue in your life?
I can certainly relate to all of that because that list above came right out of my own experiences.
But the Lord is good. He will send us what we need when we need it.
And sometimes it’s not what we expect.
I knew my prayer life needed some help, but I didn’t know it needed a notebook.
My notebook turned into so much more than I was expecting. It ended up being something God used to help me find the focus I needed to be able to find my true identity.
And finding my true identity broke the control that perfectionism had over me.
I want to share my notebooking method with you and I hope that it helps you as much as it has helped me!
Here’s a little graphic for you so you can see all the sections of the notebook. You’ll see that it is based on the word RESTORED. This title came to me because it was such a good description for what happened in my life after I used this notebook consistently over time. The notebook didn’t restore me. God’s Word and His presence did that. But the method and the book itself were the tools He sent me and they can be tools for you as well.
This week we are creating the notebook. In the following weeks we’ll link up to some really awesome resources you can add to your notebook and we’ll walk through all the sections in more detail. We’ll also spend time learning about how each part of this notebook can be a step in overcoming perfectionism.
I’m praying for each one of you as you take a journey into a more intentional quiet time. Pray for me, too, because I’m walking right here beside you in seeking a deeper relationship with Jesus.
Here is how to create this notebook in 6 easy steps:
- Purchase a notebook and 8 tab dividers. You may want to get a notebook that has a clear view cover so you can customize a cover for your notebook.
- Label your tabs with the following 8 letters: R-E-S-T-O-R-E-D
- Download and print the quiet time notebook with instructions by subscribing HERE.
- Insert the pages behind the proper tabs.
- Now start adding your own creative items – prayer lists, scriptures, coloring sheets, song lyrics, devotionals, quotes, and more.
- Consider signing up for my free email course mini-course. You will find the subscription box to the right in the side bar or somewhere near the bottom of this page. This is a free mini-course that will come to your inbox over the course of 5 days. It’s all about finding focus in your life and is an excellent introduction to the notebook. Consider printing this out to add to your notebook. (The title of the mini-course is Overcoming Perfect – How to Find the Focus You Need to Break the Power of Perfectionism. Some of you don’t struggle with perfectionism, but you can replace the word perfectionism with any struggle you face and make this little mini-course apply to you, too!)
If you have any questions please post in the comments below.
And let’s share notebook pictures! I’ll post mine tomorrow so you can see what my notebook looks like!
Psalm 27:8 (NKJV) When you said, “Seek My face.” My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
You can study Psalm 27:8 further at Bible Gateway. I highly encourage you to go there. They have many free resources that can be used to study the Bible in more depth.
Praise and Worship:
While you are making your notebook, listen to this song. It speaks to the heart and tells us where we find our true identity. Let the words soak in. Consider printing the words out and adding them to your notebook!
*Let’s share pictures! Post a picture of your notebook in the comments section if you’d like! I’ll post my pictures tomorrow!
*Do you have any questions or comments? Feel free to post them.
*What kind of ideas do you have for a prayer notebook or quiet time method? Feel free to share below!
You will not want to miss next week’s post! It will be full of links to some great resources to add to your quiet time notebook!
This post may be linked in these encouraging places! Click HERE to see where.
Get our Free Quiet Time Notebook
Needing focus in your prayer life? Try our FREE Restored Quiet Time Notebook! You will find it in our Resource Library along with many other helpful resources for you! When you subscribe you will also receive encouraging updates from Journey to Imperfect in your inbox every Monday!