My name is Leslie. I have been married to my husband for 24 years. I am a homeschooling mom to two teens and half of my nest is empty now after sending one away to college. Teaching has been my joy for years now, but the sweetest occupation I’ve ever had is motherhood. Jesus is my Redeemer, and it’s His love that makes me who I am.
Oh, and one more important thing, I am a recovering perfectionist.
Are you a perfectionist, too? Do you wonder if you might be a perfectionist? Are you looking for answers to help you overcome your perfectionism? If so, then this blog is for you, and for me, because overcoming perfectionism is a long, hard road to walk and who would want to take that journey alone?
If you want to come with me, here are some topics we will be discussing on the blog.
- What does the word “perfect” really mean according to the Bible?
- Where can I find resources that will help me understand perfectionism?
- What are steps that can be taken to help me overcome perfectionism?
- How can I pray effectively during my struggles with perfectionism?
- Learning the Importance of Rest
- Praying Scriptures
- Looking to Jesus
- Finding Your True Identity
- Devotionals for Perfectionists
All of the topics above will help us with things like:
- Hiding our True Self
- Fear of Failure
- Fear of Rejection
- Unrealistic Expectations
- All or Nothing Thinking
- How Perfectionism Affects our Relationships
- Taking Life Too Seriously
- Being a People Pleaser
- Busy, Busy, Busy
- Low Self Esteem
- Worry About What Others Think
I am also going to be walking you through the RESTORED Quiet Time Method. This method offers a step by step process that can be helpful in finding focus during your quiet time and in your prayer life. We will talk about how the steps in this method can help us do something about the perfectionism in our lives.
Most of all though, we will look to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. -Hebrews 12:1-2 NASB
Here are some FREE resources you will find on my blog, either now or in the future.
- Lots of discussion
- RESTORED – Creating Intentional Quiet Times – A quiet time method with free downloadable pages you can insert into your own 3 ring binder to help with intentional and effective prayer
- “Journey Through” pages – one page helps for praying scriptures in order to her the truth, defeat the lies, and overcome issues related to perfectionism
- Devotionals – to dive deeper into God’s word
- Resources – favorite books, websites, and podcasts that have helped me in my journey to imperfect
I will be posting every Monday and you can also find me throughout the week on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter. I hope you will come back here often as we work through perfectionism together!