My name is Leslie. I have been married to my husband for 25 years. I am a homeschooling mom to two teens and half of my nest is empty now after sending one away to college. Teaching has been my joy for years now, but the sweetest occupation I’ve ever had is motherhood. Jesus is my Redeemer, and it’s His love that makes me who I am.
Oh, and one more important thing, I am a recovering perfectionist.
Are you a perfectionist, too? Do you wonder if you might be a perfectionist? Are you looking for answers to help you overcome your perfectionism? If so, then this blog is for you, and for me, because overcoming perfectionism is a long, hard road to walk and who would want to take that journey alone?
If you want to come with me, here are some topics we will be discussing on the blog.
- What does the word “perfect” really mean according to the Bible?
- Where can I find resources that will help me understand perfectionism?
- What are steps that can be taken to help me overcome perfectionism?
- How can I pray effectively during my struggles with perfectionism?
- Learning the Importance of Rest
- Praying Scriptures
- Looking to Jesus
- Finding Your True Identity
- Devotionals for Perfectionists
All of the topics above will help us with things like:
- Hiding our True Self
- Fear of Failure
- Fear of Rejection
- Unrealistic Expectations
- All or Nothing Thinking
- How Perfectionism Affects our Relationships
- Taking Life Too Seriously
- Being a People Pleaser
- Busy, Busy, Busy
- Low Self Esteem
- Worry About What Others Think
We are all different and unique and every person will follow a different path in working through these kinds of issues. But although we have different circumstances, we have the same God and He is all about restoring us and bringing us to completeness through His Son Jesus.
•We get there through the gateway of prayer.•
Because of this, I have created a prayer notebook to share with you that might help you in your prayer life. We’ll talk a lot about how to be more intentional in prayer and you will find a lot of resources to help you in the Resource Library. If we are faithful in prayer, God will show us how to work through our perfectionism and come out on the other side strong and free!
•Here are some FREE resources you will find on my blog.•
- Lots of discussion
- RESTORED – Creating Intentional Quiet Times – A quiet time method with free downloadable pages you can insert into your own 3 ring binder to help with intentional and effective prayer
- “Journey Through” pages – one page helps for praying scriptures in order to her the truth, defeat the lies, and overcome issues related to perfectionism. You’ll find these in our Resource Library.
- Devotionals – to dive deeper into God’s word. Many of my blog posts are in a devotional format. I especially love to study the Greek root words. It’s like finding buried treasures!
- A Resource Library full of prayer helps and other resources! You can subscribe HERE or in the footer below.
I will be posting every Monday and you can also find me throughout the week on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter. I hope you will come back here often as we work through perfectionism one prayer at a time!
Would you like to contact me? Fill out this form! I would love to hear from you!
Follow for Access to the Prayer Library!
Subscribe here to receive access to our Prayer Library!
Inside you will find helpful printables for your prayer notebook, infographics that make great bookmarks, Scripture card sets, and more. Everything inside is geared to help you with your prayer life! You will also receive updates in your inbox when our articles are posted!