Freedom. It’s a powerful word. It is a gift given through the most costly of circumstances.
When I think of freedom, I think of God’s grace. It’s a deep, deep love, wrapped up in a gift created for each one of us. If we will reach out and take that gift and experience the freedoms wrapped up inside it, we can move forward into a better place.
Here is what grace can do:
• Because of grace we experience the Spirit of the Lord. Where the Spirit is, there is liberty. His grace sets us free from the bondage of the things that hold us back. When we turn to Him, we can experience that kind release and that kind of freedom in our lives.
His grace sets us free from the bondage of the things that hold us back. Click To Tweet
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17, NKJV)
• Because of grace, Jesus died on the cross for us. It was the ultimate sacrifice to set us free. And when we are set free in Jesus, we can be assured that we are free indeed.
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. (John 8:36, NKJV)
• Because of God’s grace, we have freedom in Christ. Because of that freedom, we can stand with courage to face whatever comes before us on any given day. In this liberty, we have the strength to refuse to go back to the bondage of the sins that have held us back. That kind of freedom is available for each one of us if we will take it.
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1, NKJV)
• Because of God’s grace, we know the Lord hears us. He will be with us in distress, and He will set us free. He doesn’t always change our circumstances, but He does always walk with us through them. We can know without a doubt that we are not alone.
Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. (Psalm 118:5, ESV)
• Because of grace, we will know the truth. And the truth will set us free.
When we are set free in Jesus, we can be assured that we are free indeed. (See John 8:36)Click To Tweet
And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:32, NKJV)
Focusing on these truths about our freedom in Christ which is all because of His grace, gives me peace, my hope and prayer for all of us.
Blessings dear friends!
*The image above is a bookmark I’ve made for you with these verses and some short prayers. You can find a printable copy of this in the Resource Library under the infographics section. Our library is full of helpful resources for any prayer notebook! You can find out more about our free prayer resources on this page.
Each verse in this article is linked to it’s respective page at Bible Hub. You can find free resources for further study there!
How has His grace set you free?
I created several short prayers for you and you can find them on the bookmark above!
We’ll talk about finding strength in His grace.
* This post may be linked in other encouraging places! To find out where, click HERE!
Follow for Access to the Resource Library!
Subscribe here to receive access to our Resource Library!
Inside you will find helpful printables for your prayer notebook, infographics that make great bookmarks, Scripture card sets, and more. Everything inside is geared to help you with your prayer life! You will also receive updates in your inbox when our weekly articles are posted!