Welcome to Journey to Imperfect!
My name is Leslie. I am a mother to two teens with half of my nest empty after sending one away to college. I have been married to my husband for 24 years. I’ve been a teacher for many years in one capacity or another, but the sweetest occupation I’ve ever had is motherhood. Jesus is my Redeemer, and it’s His love that makes me who I am.
Oh, and one more thing, I am a recovering perfectionist.
Are you a perfectionist, too? Do you wonder if you might be a perfectionist? Are you looking for encouragement because moving away from perfectionism is so hard? If so, then this blog is for you, and for me, too, because letting go of perfectionism is a long, hard road to walk and who would want to take that journey alone?
If you want to come with me, here are some topics we will be discussing on the blog.
- What does the word “perfect” really mean according to the Bible?
- Where can I find resources that will help me understand perfectionism?
- What are steps that can be taken to help me overcome perfectionism?
- How can I pray effectively during my struggles with perfectionism?
- Learning the Importance of Rest
- Praying Scriptures
- Looking to Jesus
- Finding Your True Identity
- Devotionals for Perfectionists
All of the topics above will help us with things like:
- Hiding our True Self
- Fear of Failure
- Fear of Rejection
- Unrealistic Expectations
- All or Nothing Thinking
- Being Driven at the Expense of our Relationships
- Taking Life Too Seriously
- Being a People Pleaser
- Busy, Busy, Busy
- Low Self Esteem
- Worry About What Others Think
I am also going to be walking you through the RESTORED Quiet Time Method. This method offers a step by step process that can be helpful in finding focus during your quiet time and in your prayer life. We will talk about how the steps in this method can help us do something about the perfectionism in our lives.
Most of all though, we will look to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12:1-2a (NASB)
Here are some FREE resources you will find on my blog, either now or in the future.
• RESTORED Quiet Time Method – free downloadable pages you can insert into your own 3 ring binder for ideas for having a more effective quiet time
• “Journey Through” pages – one page helps for praying scriptures in order to hear the truth, defeat the lies, and overcome issues related to perfectionism
• Resources – Some really awesome books, music, podcasts, and websites where you can find help and encouragement if you are struggling with perfectionism
I will be posting every Monday and I hope to have other little tidbits and extras for you as well. I invite you to sign up below or in the sidebar to the right to follow my blog so you can receive posts in your inbox. I hope you will come back here often as we work through perfectionism together.
Follow for Access to the Resource Library!
Subscribe here to receive access to our Resource Library!
Inside you will find helpful printables for your prayer notebook, infographics that make great bookmarks, Scripture card sets, and more. Everything inside is geared to help you with your prayer life! You will also receive updates in your inbox when our weekly articles are posted!